Thursday, February 9, 2012

Anticipation

My mind bubbles with excitement when I think of my future. Endless opportunities and experiences erupt right before my eyes. Three life-changing things are to occur within the year for myself. I can hardly sit still typing this out!

The first week in March will be the kick off with myself becoming a legal adult. That's right, I'm turning 18, and frankly, I'm terrified. I'm going to be an adult! I don't feel qualified enough to be an adult. Could it really have been me wedgy-ing my little brother for kicks, yesterday? I've got a lot of growing up to do. However, I'm comforted when I see my loyal parents still learning from their mistakes. It reminds me that I have a whole life of learning to do (and maybe nothings entirely wrong with a well deserved wedgy. ;-))




In addition, two months later I’ll be watching my dearest older brother being wedded to my first to-be sister-in-law. I still don't know how I'm going to react when it final happens. I'm nervous our relationship will change. And then I'm frustrated I even think that. If anything, our relationship should strengthen. So much will change, but why think the worst? So much will change for the BETTER!     




Lastly, near the end of Summer I'm taking a huge step of faith. Along with a group of kids and leaders, I'm traveling to Nepal for 6 weeks to do mission work. We'll be hanging with poor orphan children and young teenage girls who have been recused from sex trafficking. We'll be comforters, providers, and light for the further. My heart is so overwhelmed with anticipation I feel as if a basketball was inflated in my chest. I know on my return home that I won't be the same person. Who won't be?


All-in-all, crazy things will happen, crazy things are to take place, and crazy lessons in life with be learned. Dare I say it, but I do, bring it on!





No comments:

Post a Comment