Monday, February 20, 2012

My Soul



My Soul

The timer clicks loudly at an up beat pace.
Blaring heat protrudes from the buzzing heater.
Ocean waves echo over and over and over on the white-noise machine.
Someone’s smacking gum.
Keyboards are abuse at the consistent tap-tap-tap of heavy fingers.
Click goes the pen.
A phone rings.
A baby cries.
A bell rings.

Exiting my not-so-quite-world, I stroll into the forest, escaping chaos, and enter overwhelming calmness.

Soft snaps of breaking twigs underfoot repeat.
A chilled breeze brushes the hanging leafs. 
The creek tinkles over and over and over again.
Birds sing peaceful melodies.
The ginger cat purrs as he walks on the loose earth.
Breathing slows.
A deer dashes away.
A beetle buzzes by.
A hoot sounds.

My soul rests in bliss.







A poem by Hannah Petersen on February 20, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment