Wednesday, April 18, 2012

EEEEK! Research Paper?!

When I read “Research Paper”, my insides shrivel. I want to crawl in a little ball and cry. The fact is doing research is a challenging for me, and I already struggle with writing, as well as typing. It’s almost as if “Research Paper” is the rotten cherry on top. Now, I tend to be a positive person. Rarely can one tell if I’m distraught about something, because I would never speak out (or, heaven forbid, type) about my distresses. Yet, here I am doing just that. However, I refuse to let this paper get to me. Regardless of my lack of experience with writing papers, let alone research papers, I accept the challenge, though hesitantly, I might add.

After some thought, I believe I will ultimately jot my views down and study the controversial topic of homeschooling. With all my observations and experiences with homeschoolers, I can’t help thinking they’re some of the coolest people I personally know. They’re respectful, intelligent, and far from head-to-toe denim (though there are always a few exceptions…) they listen, they speak, and most fascinatingly, they LOVE to learn. So in a sense, yes, I’m passionate about what I’ve seen concerning homeschooling.

I don’t quite know how I’m going to write this, as you can tell from what I said above. I have started my paper but nothing’s solid yet. I know I will touch on the debate about homeschoolers being aloud/not aloud to join in extracurricular programs. It’s an interesting argument and I ultimately lean towards allowing them.

So, now to get to her done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment